Skip to Main Content
Emerson College Library
Search this Guide
How To Browse, Open, And Download Chapters To Your Devices. Links to external sources for free eBooks.
Expanded Access 2020
Single User vs. Unlimited Access
Cite and Highlight
Ask A Librarian
1. Do I need to both Adobe Digital Editions and Bluefire to read a downloaded ebook on my mobile device?
Yes. You need both apps to
an ebook on your mobile device (for offline reading).
If you are downloading an ebook directly to your
, you only need Adobe Digital Editions.
2. What about downloading PDF chapters of ebooks?
Downloading PDF chapters is easy! Much simpler than downloading an entire publisher-protected ebook.
Adobe Digital Editions and Bluefire are NOT required for individual chapter download.
Download chapters from the ebook's Table of Contents screen.
3. Are both Adobe Digital Editions and Bluefire app free?
Yes, both are free for iOS and Android devices.
4. Do I need to download an ebook in order to read it?
No, you can open an ebook on your computer and read the entire book in your internet browser.
Adobe Digital Editions
are only required if you want to download a
ebook to your mobile device for offline reading (no internet connection).
You may download individual PDF chapters without using the apps.
5. What is the advantage of downloading an ebook vs. reading the book online?
Downloading an ebook means you can read it offline. This is useful if your internet connection is unstable.
If you have a reliable internet connection, reading the ebook online is simpler and faster.
Cite and Highlight >>
Jul 19, 2021 11:53 AM
Advanced Library User Guides
Global Campus Resources